I give thanks for the following things (and many others I am forgetting, that will probably show up on next year’s list):
* I am thankful for this gorgeous tree that lives in my front yard and I am thankful
that I have the blessing of eyesight so that I can see it, in every season, in all its
glory (and a wonderful camera that captures it so beautifully), and for the pleasure
of breathing in the fresh Autumn air.
* I am thankful for a family that loves me. Not just that they do, love me, but that
I KNOW they do.
* I am thankful for all the things that bring laughter into my life.
* I am thankful that I have been blessed with two amazing children, and an amazing
“work-in-progress” life partner.
* I am thankful that I wake up every morning in a free country, and for Internet!
* I am thankful for the choices I am able to make about my life, and my body, and
my health, every day.
* I am thankful that I have food, clothing and shelter, and that I can share my wealth
so that others have the same.
* I am thankful that after nine years, and a very painful process, my brother and sister
in law have the baby of their dreams.
* I am thankful that I get to travel the world and experience the beauty of
* I am thankful for the support of good, kind, thoughtful, understanding friends
who don’t judge.
* I am thankful that I can learn from past behavior, and do better the next time.
* I am thankful for rainbows, and sunshine, and mountains, and rivers, and sunsets,
and beaches, and the ocean.
* I am thankful that I respected my own needs over the needs of others and chose
not to make Thanksgiving dinner today.